July 06, 2018

Render Kindle Edition Now Available for Pre-order!

I'm thrilled to announce that the Kindle edition of Render, my first poetry collection, is now available for pre-order. It will be delivered July 12, 2018.

Paperback and iBooks editions are coming very soon!

A teaser from "Early AM Mysteries":

Nothing remains to believe
except the possibility of belief—
lessening the definition of hope
into nothing more substantial
than bones and skin and
the terror of daybreak.

In the silence of the overnight,
the refrigerator’s sudden buzzing
is a muted alarm, a warning cry
of omen and portent as I leap
from futon to coffee table to loveseat,
afraid of the ravenous piranhas
lurking beneath the surface
of the gray industrial carpeting.

I am tired
of proclamations of doom.

The damp cold is an uninvited guest
boring me with oft-repeated tales
of miseries more dire than my own.

My constant self-imposed solitude
has bewildered the boundaries
of the real and the actual,
like this snowy mountain peak
I hold in the palm of my hand.



The full version of this poem is included in the Kindle edition of Render.

Thanks!
Gene

No comments: