January 04, 2012

Celebrity Crush: Ian Somerhalder

Ian Somerhalder (born December 8, 1978) has been one of my main celebrity crushes for a decade now, since his role as the snotty gay rich kid Paul Denton in the 2002 movie The Rules of Attraction.  I fell for his amazingly symmetrical features, intense blue eyes, and of course those arched eyebrows.  I love his slender, muscular body, too, but it's his attitude that really gets me, that beautiful troublemaker's intelligent rebellion with a cocky assurance despite obvious interior loneliness and insecurity.

Plus, in Rules of Attraction, he dances around in his underwear.  Irresistible.  I'm not made of wood, people!

He was also cute playing against Hayden Christensen in Life as a House.

Then, in 2004, Ian was cast as Boone in the TV show Lost, and I watched avidly . . . until Boone was killed in the 20th episode.  I gave up on that show immediately.

Happily, Ian is now on The Vampire Diaries, where I can watch his sexy cockiness as the undead Damon Salvatore to my heart's content.  It's also a good show, with breakneck plotting and complicated, likable characters.

Even if Ian does overuse his devastating smirk occasionally.

Ian's also a supporter of the LGBT youth group, The Trevor Project.  But supposedly dating his Vampire Diaries co-star, Nina Dobrev.  I heart Nina on the show, but if he ever gets sick of her . . .


I'm here, Ian.  Call me!





 


























No comments: